Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Background and Disclosure

I think that I need to begin by making a few things clear. This is not a pity party blog. This is not a bashing blog. This blog WILL name names. This blog WILL be hard to swallow. This blog may make you cry.This blog will contain the recall of rape, molestation, physical and mental abuse. I do know that there are MANY people that have had it worse. I will not be sugar coating things, and I want everyone to know, they have the right to stop reading at any time. I am not in any way calling myself perfect, only saying that I know what society expected me to do, and I knew I could do the opposite.

A background of this blog, where the idea came from, and what it will be about.

I am one of 6 sisters. We all have different parents. I am connected to 3 by mother, and 2 by father. This blog is mainly in connection with my maternal side. Our mother came from a scary background, full of drugs, alcohol and crime. Sadly, she fell into that life, and it affected us all. Some more than others. I am not here to tell my sisters stories, that is not my place. I am here to tell how my mothers choices affected me in my life, and how I overcame it despite the odds.

I am not positive yet, how this will be written. I may just flow with however it comes to me. I may do it in pieces. I would like to know who is reading this blog, and ask that you click FOLLOW on the upper right corner. You are not obligated to comment, and like I said earlier, you are welcome to leave at anytime.

My reason for posting my story is to hopefully help others to realize, it can always get worse, and that no matter what life throws at you, you always have the choice to do better. Feel free to comment as you please, keeping my feelings in mind. Feel free to share this blog with others, as I would like to reach as far as I can with these words, and help as many as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment